To upload a file through File Manager, please do the following:
Login to cPanel and click File Manager
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files
- At the top, click Upload.
- Click the Browse button.
- Double click the file you want to upload to your site.
- Wait for the blue bar to complete, then go back to File Manager.
You have successfully uploaded a file to your site through file manager.
Once I upload a file, how will I know the URL?
So, you want to share the new web file with friends or the public. First you need to determine the path of the file.
- Login to FTP or File Manager and note the parent folder where your file is stored (normally public_html).
- Double click the folder icon to navigate inside public_html.
- If you see the file here, you are done. If you need to navigate inside more folders to find your file, note each folder. (Folder names are case-sensitive, so you must use the exact capitalization and spelling.)
- Once you locate your file, you should have noted the full path (a list of the folders you must go inside, respectively, to find that file).
Now simply add the file name, exactly as it appears, to the end of the path. (File names are case-sensitive, so you must use the exact capitalization and spelling.)Here are some examples:public_html/index.htmlpublic_html/My_Book.pdfpublic_html/images/banner25x120.JPGpublic_html/blog/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3
Almost there! Now you just need to replace "public_html" with http and your primary domain name.Same examples:http://yourdomain.com/index.htmlhttp://yourdomain.com/My_Book.pdfhttp://yourdomain.com/images/banner25x120.JPGhttp://yourdomain.com/blog/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3
- Try to browse these URL's and you will see the file you uploaded.
This can even be done for addon and subdomains. Just replace the public_html/subfolder/ part with the addon or subdomain name.
Let's pretend my addon domain is myblogdomain.com. Let's pretend the document root for that domain is my blog subfolder (inside public_html of course).
A path like public_html/blog/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3 would becomehttp://myblogdomain.com/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3