To upload a file through File Manager, please do the following:
Login to cPanel and click File Manager
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files
- At the top, click Upload.
- Click the Browse button.
- Double click the file you want to upload to your site.
- Wait for the blue bar to complete, then go back to File Manager.
You have successfully uploaded a file to your site through file manager.
Once I upload a file, how will I know the URL?
So, you want to share the new web file with friends or the public. First you need to determine the path of the file.
- Login to FTP or File Manager and note the parent folder where your file is stored (normally public_html).
- Double click the folder icon to navigate inside public_html.
- If you see the file here, you are done. If you need to navigate inside more folders to find your file, note each folder. (Folder names are case-sensitive, so you must use the exact capitalization and spelling.)
- Once you locate your file, you should have noted the full path (a list of the folders you must go inside, respectively, to find that file).
- Now simply add the file name, exactly as it appears, to the end of the path. (File names are case-sensitive, so you must use the exact capitalization and spelling.)Here are some examples:public_html/index.htmlpublic_html/My_Book.pdfpublic_html/images/banner25x120.JPGpublic_html/blog/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3
- Almost there! Now you just need to replace "public_html" with http and your primary domain name.Same examples:
- Try to browse these URL's and you will see the file you uploaded.
This can even be done for addon and subdomains. Just replace the public_html/subfolder/ part with the addon or subdomain name.
Let's pretend my addon domain is myblogdomain.com. Let's pretend the document root for that domain is my blog subfolder (inside public_html of course).
A path like public_html/blog/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3 would becomehttp://myblogdomain.com/includes/Movies/9ija.mp3