AfeesHost has introduced a unique server setup that allows each client to change the PHP version to use for their account. Our clients can also use different PHP versions for different directories in the same hosting account.
The PHP versions currently supported are: PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4.
To change the PHP version in your AfeesHost web hosting control panel (cPanel) simply follow the steps below:
- Login to your Web Hosting Control Panel (cPanel)
- Go to Software section -> MultiPHP Manager or search for MultiPHP Manager in the cPanel search bar.
- On the "MultiPHP Manager" page, under System PHP Version, cPanel shows the default PHP version for your server. Any domain that does not have a PHP version explicitly set uses this version.
- To change the PHP version for a domain, under Set PHP Version per Domain
- Navigate to the directory you would like to change the PHP version for (note that the change will apply to subdirectories for it as well)
- Select the checkbox next to the domain for which you want to change the PHP version:
- In the PHP Version list box, select the PHP version you want to use for the domain, and then click Apply:
The new PHP version for the domain takes effect immediately.
Congratulations! You have just changed your PHP version for the sites you selected using the cPanel MultiPHP Manager.